This ingredients above make this sound difficult, but it's really not. You will have a delicious 3-layer Lasagna which should serve 6-8.
- In a medium pot, combine the Panelle Mix and water along with the Olive Oil (or Egg). Mix well - removing all lumps. Place on the stove top heated to medium and continue to stir ensuring the mixture doesn't stick to the sides or the bottom. This will take about 7 or more minutes and you'll want to see the mixture bubbling and thicken. Then remove from heat and pour onto a large piece of parchment paper (you'll end up placing on a 12x18 baking pan to give you an idea) and spread with a spatula. Cover with a second piece and roll out making sure its evenly thin and takes up most of the space. Remove the top piece of paper and place in the baking pan and put in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to help it form and bond.
- Brown the ground beef and drain the juice when done. Sautee the mushrooms with a little bit of oil or spray. Place the browned ground beef and mushrooms in a medium pot along with the sauce and simmer (ensure its bubbling) for about 30 minutes.
- Place your cheeses on the counter and take the Ricotta and Cream Cheese and blend them well until a creamy, soft mix.
- Remove the pasta from the refrigerator and place in a pre-heated oven (400F) and heat for about 15 minutes. Remove and set aside. Remember, this isn't regular pasta so you will need a spatula to move it off the pan when needed.
- Place the casserole dish on your counter and put about 1/3 of the sauce mix in the bottom. Carefully place half of the pasta on top of the sauce. Lightly spread half of the Ricotta/Cream Cheese mix onto the pasta. Place about 1/3 of the sauce mix on the pasta. Carefully place the other half of the pasta on the sauce and then the remaining Ricotta/Cream Cheese mix onto the pasta. Place the Mozzarella Cheese on top and then use the remaining 1/3 of the sauce mix to cover. Place in an oven pre-heated to 375F and bake for about 45 minutes. Finally, after removing, lightly sprinkle the Parmesan on the Lasagna and let sit for about 15 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!
- Refrigerate and reheat to enjoy later.